Thursday, May 5, 2011

London, England: The Tate Modern, Ai Weiwei's Sunflower Exhibit

Now here's a show I wish I had not missed, if only for the experience.

I was in London last December during the time of this exhibit at the Tate Modern. Unfortunately, time was limited and though I knew of the exhibit, it became low priority. Needless to say, I didn't see it. A mistake!!!

How often can you say that you saw 100 million hand painted porcelain sunflower seeds, commissioned by 1600 artisans and produced by a world renowned controversial artist, that have been strewn across a famous modern museum floor to be admired?.....

Exactly!!!

Woulda, coulda, shoulda,...but I didn't. The moral to this story is,...."seize the moment."


The Tate Modern
Ai Wei Wei's Sunflower Seed Exhibit
October 2010-May 2011
London, UK

No comments:

Post a Comment