Friday, January 7, 2011

Mendocino, California, Anderson Valley: Gewurztraminer 2008


I can't let this pass without mention. I've become a fan of Breggo Gewurztraminer 2008, Anderson Valley. Check it out!!! While wine shopping during our recent visit to Pismo Beach, Mui Alto and I were introduced to the light and tasty white wine in a local wine shop. It is only in recent months that I have even became familiar with the fine wine with the fancy name. I tend to favor a nice Riesling, my palette leaning toward the fruity and sweet. My first time trying Gewurztraminer, I didn't take to it at all. I found it much too sweet and syrupy, more like a desert wine.
I have since discovered and now realize that it is offered dry as well. Yes, still sweet, but much easier to swallow.
I'm no sommelier, but I really enjoy the taste of this Breggo. I find it appealing, in that it is light, buttery and crisp. It's a new found favorite. Try it and enjoy!!! CHEERS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment