Saturday, August 28, 2010

A letter to Grace...


Dear Grace,
We're more than half way into the 24 hour journey to Minneapolis from Edmonton, as I lay in my cramped, but somehow cozy bunk, remembering our spontaneous road trip to Monterey and Carmel.
First of all, it was great to reconnect and spend such valuable time exploring new sights and sharing memorable moments.
I love your willingness to cease an opportunity and live in the moment. I think that's probably what connects us.
I reflect on the many great times we've shared, but with great affection, I will cherish our bike ride along Monterey Bay, taking in the view of the seals and seagulls taking time out on the rocks, lunch along the boardwalk watching tourist stroll by, ice cream pit stops and movie going to the newly released chick flick "Eat Pray Love".
I love and admire you. Your artistry and craftsmanship inspire me. I learn from you and look forward to when we work together again.
Keep up the good work as a shoe cobbler. I think you've found a new calling.
I'm proud to call you my friend.
xx.
Barbee

No comments:

Post a Comment